Google+ Nine Red: Coffee Table

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coffee Table

All is well with the Design Sponge post, they corrected it - I'm a "he" again! Hehe. In other news, Kevins coffee table and desk came out GREAT (pictures to come soon) and he loved them.  He immediately replaced his old coffee table with the newly refinished one, and sent us home with the old! He didn't want it, so we are re-doing that today. Here it is:


Aren't those drop leaves awesome? I was really surprised to see how easily they go up too. Normally with drop leaves you have to mess with little switches or pins, not these.  Simply pull the side up and it stays.To put it down you just pull gently on the hinge supporting it. So easy! I really love the style of the legs, it was the inspiration for how we would re-do this one. Ross and I decided on French Provincial shabby chic style, like this:

The first coat is on and it already looks really great. Don't get me wrong, I loved the wood of the table, but it had some stains that made it a great candidate for paint. I'm partial to paint though, so I always say that! Have a wonderful week!

Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic