Google+ Nine Red: Squares

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Squares

Here's another newbie for the bunch. I saw this table and had an immediate flashback to my childhood. I completely forgot about tables in this style!
The almost checkerboard squares inlaid, really takes me back. I think my Dad had a rectangle one of these.  I had to give it a try, partly because of the memories and partly because this is a genuinely cool table. Ross had a great idea to paint it checkerboard, and that sealed the deal for me. I bought it, threw it in the car (it fit, that's always a plus!) and started brainstorming.  I have a lot of ideas.  The one I'm leaning towards is all matte black, with the squares alternating matte black and ivory.  then distressed and rubbed with a walnut stain, and sealed for durability.  I'm excited that the wood texture will show through the paint too, that will give it a lot of character. What are your ideas? We'll see where this week takes us. We have a lot of work to do in the shop itself now that it's raining.  The main workshop is getting it's own pallet floor solution like the storage area, as we've been getting hit with a few puddles! Well, thanks for stopping by and have a productive day!

Post a Comment

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with this. We've had 3 pieces like this foisted on us and I hate them. There's a rectangular table with a shelf and drawer, another end table-ish piece with three drawers and a console with a drawer and two doors. They've been useful, but I hate hate hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea - haphazard - I love your blog! Do you have a way I can get email updates? These tables are a challenge, a very love hate relationship for me too! Love them for their size and use (and memories) but hate them for the OBVIOUS! Got any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really interesting!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesse - I've added a email subscription button on the blog.

    - Jazz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic