Google+ Nine Red: Let's hear it for New York

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let's hear it for New York

I know, I'm sorry - now that song will probably run in your head all day, but imagine how many times it ran through ours while we were there? Ten thousand, at least! Anyway, my sister and I just got back from a GREAT trip to New York City, and I realized I hadn't posted in a bit because I've been in super catch up mode.

Let me start by saying New York is awesome, just like everyone says. Everyone should go. The people and the streets were not nearly as mean or intimidating as everyone says, and we felt pretty comfortable pretty fast.  My sister Denise set up the whole thing, and she found us an AWESOME apartment on Airbnb, my new favorite site. You can rent (or rent out yours) apartments in so many cities, and it was cheaper and better than any hotel we saw.  It was a beautiful one bedroom apartment, on the 21st floor, with a full kitchen, internet, etc.  Here's the view:
Every night after running around New York, we'd grab some beer and sit at the table that was right next to the huge window.  It was foggy and overcast most the time, but looking back, if it were sunny I would have probably overheated, haha. Chrysler building:
Check out the building next door, they had this really nice rooftop deck. We went over there one night and had a few drinks, and we realized that looking back upon OUR building, you could totally see our window lit up, and everyone over there probably saw us watching them! Funny.
Look at those cute lights!
All in all, we had an amazing time, ate a bunch of great food, saw a lot of amazing things, landed free tickets to Dave Letterman.. I got a ton of ideas and inspiration for new projects I want to tackle, and I can't wait to go back to New York again someday. Have a great week!

Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic