Google+ Nine Red: Spotlight: Cross Stich Furniture

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Spotlight: Cross Stich Furniture

One of my favorite bloggers, Barb Blair of Knack Studios recently posted these amazing giant cross stitch furniture & rugs. I had to do a double take, this reminded me so much of my Grandma! Except that she didn't make rugs & sofas, more like wall hangings (amazing ones too!)... these are unbelievable, I can't imagine the time that goes into them.
Look at that - pillows, sofas.... rugs... what a great idea, and such a unique look.  With the stitches being so much bigger, I imagine this would come out pretty soft, and take less time too.   They are sort of industrial and modern, but cozy, charming & give the feel of handmade. If that makes any sense!  These beauties are made by the Belgian Designer, Charlotte Lancelot.

I think the ottoman, or a few pillows would be more than welcome in our house.  What do you think could you add these to your home decor? Enjoy!

-Jesse

Keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Email.
 
 Hey check out that sweet lamp on the left there too, cute!

Post a Comment

2 comments:

  1. I love these pieces, really beautiful, I've never seen anything like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alternatively, there's very little color and contrast in the space. Find a nice color - maybe charcoal to pick up the blacks in the room, or a deep red or green like the wine bottle or their caps and then echo the color in accessories elsewhere in the room. discount furniture chicago

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic