Google+ Nine Red: Spotlight: Stenciling with Stains

Friday, October 5, 2012

Spotlight: Stenciling with Stains

Wow, I've been so busy this week with little projects! I am wrapping up a color block stool tutorial for you guys (Update! Here's the link!), and yesterday Ralph and I randomly decided to get our hands dirty and work with grout to finish up some amazing light fixtures we made (another update, here are the lights!).  I'll be sharing them as soon as I tidy up the photos! For now though, I saw this great post come through one of my feeds, and just had to share it, Stenciling with wood stains...
Sooo pretty! I've tried to figure out a way to do this before, with no success.  I've seen two tone staining using tape to keep the stain out of areas, but stencils have posed a real challenge - until now! This is a tutorial worth saving, she used wood glue to block the dark stain, so smart! Head over to The Ambitious Procrastinator for the full tutorial.  While you're there, browse around as she has the tutorial to make these cabinet doors, start to finish, on an affordable Ikea base. Here's the link Have a great Friday, what projects do you have planned for the weekend?

Hugs and Stuff,

-Jesse

Linkies: FacebookPinterestInstagramTwitterSubscribe & of course, Email me.

Post a Comment

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this idea floating around the blogosphere and I love it! I can't wait to try it out somewhere in the house...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic