Google+ Nine Red: Steaks & Red Wine

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Steaks & Red Wine

Oh, was I supposed to make a Valentine's Day post?  Looks like it! Happy Valentine's day to all you lovers out there, whether single, coupled, or miscellaneous (I don't judge!) - this day is just another reason to get together and celebrate and do things you wouldn't normally do. Whether that's an expensive dinner in the city, or a night full of ice cream nachos (oh I'll fill you in soon...), it's special just the same.  For me? I haven't really ever given ol' V-day too much thought, but an interesting tradition did develop in our house, pretty naturally, and that's steaks & good red wine.
Photo Creds: Pic #1; Jinkzz's Kitchen, Pic #2; Closet Cooking
The only rule is that we make them ourselves (No not the wine...). Yep - no restaurants, no fancy chefs - not because we're anti or anything, but that's just how it's always been.  And it's not exclusive kissy kissy date night either (sorry folks!).  Friends are welcome, cause we love them too.  See Ralph and I couldn't cook a steak for our life when we first met, and one of our first few dates was learning to cook a good steak together. Yep - that was a date.  Learning something new, in my opinion, is very romantic.  So, on our first Valentine's Day, we decided we wanted to do it again. Only this time we'd toss in some good red wine & decadent side dishes. I can't remember what sides we had back then, but this year the menu will be:
  • Kick ass Steaks...
  • Kick ass red wine....
  • Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce...
  • Potatoes AuGratin ala Julia Child..
Woo! Tonight's gonna be pretty decadent, and delicious.  I think this year for our steaks we'll follow the recipes from the photos above, 'cause they look so good.   Here are the links, the top photo is from Jinkzz's Kitchen and the bottom is from Closet Cooking.  Both have the recipes included, so pop over to them for the deets.  I'd better head out, gotta prep the foodies for tonight. 

So what shenanigans do you get into on Valentine's day? Tell me, tell me! For some reason this made me look back at what I was up to last February.. time flies! If you want to see, clicky here...

Happy Valentine's Day Beezies!

     -Jesse

Next Up >>> Honey & Soy Chicken Thighs
    
Let's keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter & of course, Email.

Post a Comment

2 comments:

  1. What a terrific tradition!
    The steaks sound amazing but I would chuck it all and just go with "ICE CREAM NACHOS!" I must know all about these asap.
    Happy Valentines Day
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those steaks and wine look good. :)

    If you haven't tried regular plain ole' yellow mustard for a marinade for your steaks ~ try it!! Just brush a lil on both sides and a lil sea salt and ground pepper ~ let them set for several hours, or overnite.... I don't know if it's the acid in the mustard that breaks down the meat... but it's seriously the best steak and most tender that I've ever had. People can't believe it when I tell them that. You can use it with chicken too!! Give it a try ;)

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic